
Sometimes I surprise myself. I had been beating myself up about downloading some pictures wrong, lucky for me, I didn't. I found the lost pictures from Hey Joe Canyon sitting on a memory card. Hey Joe is an abandoned uranium mine, back in the hey day of the mining in Moab. If you continue on the trail along the Green River you actually come to the abandoned mine shafts, tractors, remnants of a house and other cool things. It must have been some work to make a road down the side of the mountain, have never read anything about the prosperity or lack of uranium coming out of Hey Joe Mine, so we don't know if the road was worth the effort. I, for one, appreciate the work that was put into it. The trail itself is rated as difficult, but only because of the intimidation factor (riding along a narrow road with a thousand foot drop). I like to hug the cliff side. We didn't continue on to the river on this trip, time was against us, but had some lunch in the bottom, watched the boys play some cowpie golf and climb among the trees.



1 comment:
We haven't been to Moab for so long! We love it there, though. The adrendaline rush found there is hard to match any place else.
BTW...I got a Nikon D80. Love it!! Still workin' on figuring it out, though. I'm a total novice.
Post a Comment