For Memorial Day we made arrangements to meet Garry's sister and her family at a half way point. They live in Denver and had found this place called Rabbit Valley. To be honest, I was prepared for the worst, hoped for anything decent. Turns out I had nothing to fear. The high desert plateau was beautiful. I have never seen the desert so alive and in bloom. I quit counting the different flowers we saw in bloom at 20. The prickly pear were so vibrant - it was a stark contrast to the typical colors found there. Not only that, the trails were really fun. They even had an OHV training track for the little guys that was awesome. We were fortunate to have the horrible weather that pounded the surrounding area mostly miss us, we had some daytime sprinkles and night rain, it was great to keep the dust and temperatures down. Most of all it was fun to spend time with family and friends.We had a little excitement on one of our rides. Ted (brother-in-law) was leading our caravan. We crested a small hill and I could see his bike down and a clump of body on the ground. I put the camera down and got out with everybody. I thought it was Ted, but it turned out to be some guy who was riding alone and wrecked on a closed trail. He had crawled/drug himself a couple hundred yards or so where we found him. Honestly looking at the drag marks from his knees absolutely made me so sad. Luckily for him Jana is an EMT and took charge. We sent for search and rescue and Jana made the decision to put him in a Rhino and start out to meet them. Orson is asking about the hurt man and mentioning him in his Heavenly Fathers.
Click on the picture to see a larger version - Orson's face says it all.



1 comment:
Oh my gosh Kelly! My mom had mentioned this story just yesterday. I am so glad you guys were there to help that old man. That is truelly being in the right place at the right time!
Post a Comment