
Garry's parents invited us on the maiden voyage of their new toy hauler. They had scoped out a place to stay up Mantua Canyon. It was nice, we didn't have to take our trailer, although, I wished I would have had our bed. We slept in the "garage" it has a nice almost king size bed in it, I would call it a taco bed as it "encouraged" you to sleep in the middle of the bed. We had the back door down with the screen down so we got to see all the stars. We also got to hear the really loud, obnoxious, drunk, motor mouth woman from the camp next door. There was a generator running all night (I presume to drown out the woman), and stinky campfires. Sounds like a lot of negative, reality no, it is beautiful there. We rode up to the top of Willard Basin and Inspiration Point (el. 9422) and it seems like you could see forever. After that we ended up in Paradise, UT and following directions from a guy on the trail found our way back to Mantua. He told us that we would end up about a mile from town, he just didn't tell us that the last mile back would be on the highway in Sardine Canyon! That is something I will not miss doing ever again. It was nerve wracking. I have never seen so many butterflies.





No comments:
Post a Comment