As for the "racetrack." There is nothing fast about it. It is rugged, rocky, beautiful and follows a canyon ledge for part of the journey.

Grandma and Grandpa Colby

On Sunday we went out to Copper Globe mine for a short ride before we left. Interesting story - it cost the miners too much money to truck out the ore, so they built a smelter. Only problem, they used the wrong kind of rocks and the smelter melted before the ore. It was a fun ride, we got rained and hailed on. But for me, one of the highlights of the trip was seeing the wild horses that hang out there. How I wished for in incredible lens.

Picture of one of the mine openings at Copper Globe, you could see a ribbon of copper right next to the opening. Above the mine there is a remnant woodpile from the smelter.
Some more pictures:
By Swasey's canyon. If I remember right from Doug's blog the sun spot is called a "bokeh." He is so good he knows how to make them appear, me, I got lucky with one?


Kids


No comments:
Post a Comment