Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More skiing



This boy of ours loves to ski.
Mom: Orson you are getting so good.
Orson: Yup
The boys at the lift kept telling Garry how good he was doing, they couldn't believe this was only his third time. The second time wasn't a great experience. We went to Brighton. It is confirmed. I am a ski resort snob. Take me back to Snow Basin or Deer Valley. I never realized it until skiing with a little one how off camber Brighton runs are. I was in a panic the entire time thinking he was going to go off in to the trees. We survived, but Orson told us he didn't want to ski the big hills again. Not to be confused with the big hills but not the little hill - Snow Basin.
We are really proud of him, he has picked it up so fast. He takes little instruction, instead watches others on the hill and imitates them. While we were watching the Olympics he would pick a skier and tell you - there I am, look how fast I am going. Speed is of the essence. He has even figured out that if you tuck you go faster.





No comments: