After the family reunion we spent the night just outside of Koosharem so we could go and ride the o1 of the Paiute Trail. It was fun to see this part of the trail again. When Garry and I met we were camped in Marysvale and rode this part of the trail. The first I remember seeing him was at Manning Meadow Resevoir. That is where we got Orson's middle name.
Manning Meadow Resevoir
On the trail we saw a herd of elk. It was really one of the coolest things to watch. The babies were chasing each other in circles around the meadow, oblivious to us. We could have watched them longer except some other riders came up making noise.
On a lot of the trails they will have these bridges for you to use as you cross soggy areas. I think they are pretty cool.
They also have these darn gates to keep people out whose machines are wider than 50". We had to inch in to our back wheels and then step on the gas to squeeze through.
Grandpa got stuck - Rhino to the rescue!
Random meadow
Upper Box Creek
Trail 33. Caution. They really mean steep and rocky. Really. I have no idea what you would do if there were riders coming the other way. I swear we almost had tires hanging off the cliff and I wouldn't have wanted to back up and there was NO place to turn around.
This is no indication of how steep the trail was.
Milo's Kitchen. Beautiful!
A map at the Kiosk where you come out at Milo's Kitchen.
1 comment:
Gorgeous pics Kelly!
Post a Comment