I am not certain we could ever get tired of the red rocks. OK, maybe I told a little fib, in July I would probably get really tired of red rocks and the associated heat. Orson thinks that camping is going to Moab, and that Cooper needs to be there. We stopped in Price and grabbed some dinner on the way down, talk about a mad little boy because we were stopping and it wasn't Moab. So, it was another great weekend, we found you could get to the Green River and Hey Joe Canyon on ATV/Rhinos from the main highway, found out that Kelly and Jana are a little bit more timid when it comes to drop offs and that little boys will always throw dirt. We saw the most spectacular sunset I think I have ever seen in the desert, sorry the pictures just don't do it justice. If you can call it a highlight of the trip our truck broke down on the way home. Not just broke down, but dead, no power (=no power steering, no power brakes!) going down Highway 6 with a fifth-wheel and enclosed trailer. I am so grateful for a husband who is level headed and a good, cautious driver, a father-in-law who came up in the blizzard and rescued us, and prayers from friends and family.
She had a can of courage we didn't have with us, she really had no clue her rear tire was like that.
2 comments:
Holy smokes those pictures are gorgeous!
Orson is adorable.
Kelly - I'm not on facebook so I guess I should get your email. I can always come post random messages to your blog, too :).
Hey, Brahm is getting baptized Saturday May 2 at 10am at the chapel. It would mean a lot if you and your boys were able to come. He's the only one on the docket so no waiting around for two hours to get through a dozen other kids, know what I mean? Anyway, we'd love to see you but understand if you are not able to make it.
I remember when his whole body would perch on your chest while he napped. I can't believe he's almost eight! He said to me the other day after looking a long time in my face, "Sometimes I can't believe I have a mom. I mean, your so old!" Yeah, tell me about it! I didn't really get the logic in his thinking but I totally got the part about my age :).
BTW, gorgeous photos. Glad to know you guys are still hitting the trails.
Post a Comment