Thursday, September 24, 2009

School!



Seems like since the school year started my time has not been my own. Oh wait, I guess it's not. Anyway, the first of the year is always crazy, this year was no exception. I couldn't log onto the program to make schedule changes for all those kids anxiously waiting for the right class (the one with a friend), the district IT folks came to get my computer reconfigured, they reconfigured it all right, corrupted my user which is still a mess! I am finally getting it worked out I think. It's funny how each sophomore class is so different. Last years class, let me tell - they are a pain, and they didn't mature much over the summer. Of course there are exceptions, we have some of the cutest, hard-working Latino girls, if everybody worked or cared as much as they do about their education I wouldn't have a job. This year's sophomores are all about math. It is a first in all my years of education. These kids are passionate about knowing and being in the right math class and wanting to do well. It still boggles my mind a month into school. Only a month into school and we have had Parent Teacher Conference, some of us at school were talking and I figured this was something like my 47th conference. I am certain that is way too many!

Orson is still in daycare at Bingham, he loves going everyday to see his friends and his teachers. He gets to go to preschool this year at Mom's school! I am so excited.

What I hate about going back to school is the fact that summer is over. That really hasn't stopped us from continuing to play, it is something we do well. We kept ourselves busy, even going to the ward campout this year. One of the highlights of the summer was seeing my good friends, the Young family. They came out to visit and we got to see them for an entire evening. It was fun talking, laughing and playing rockband.

Orson has become obsessed with the Wii, let me clarify, ping-pong on sports resort. He has become quite the player, he is ranked as a "professional" and I hate to admit this, but I can't beat the mii's that he plays.


Since this blog is really for Orson, I hope you don't mind all the pictures!

WJHS has a faculty welcome back dinner, it was awesome this year. Orson got to play with all of his buddies: Cooper, Hayden, Colin and Luke. All they did was run around. The only time I think they sat still was during the magic show. Orson insisted on wearing his howdy outfit. You can tell how much he ran around, if his hat was off you could see his sopping wet hair.

We had a fun trip to Joe's Valley with Grandma and Grandpa Colby. Grandma and Grandpa Ludlow and Mark, Rochelle and Grace even drove over one night for a barbeque.



Incredible rainbows, yes it rained. We got caught in it one day, we love Frogg Toggs!

One of our favorite trails was hijacked to atvs 50" or less, we are about 51", kind of frustrating because we have always been able to access these trails, just this one they were so very strict on the measurement.

We just got back from a weekend to one of our favorite destinations: Kanosh, UT. It is beautiful there, the ATV riding is top-notch! We are able to access the Paiute Trail from camp and go just about anywhere the trail goes, I guess dependent on time and weather.


Playing under I-70 near Fremont Indian State Park during a rain storm we were trying to outrun. We did!

Golden Eagles

Very cool fence in the middle of nowhere - between Kanosh and the state park.


On the trail when I got us lost. We have two maps of the area and it would be way to easy if the two worked together.

Rattlesnake we saw on the trail - first one I have ever seen in the wild, I hope it is the last. Talking with the Sheriff later he asked us if we had a 22 with us, he gave us some bullets to shoot anymore that we saw.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love the rainbow picture. I don't think I had ever seen a whole rainbow til I moved here to England, no mountains to get in the way.