Thursday, November 18, 2010

November

I don't think I am ever going to be ambitious enough to get to all the drafts sitting on the blog, so to just get things rolling. It is already November!!! What?!?!?!? I can hardly believe that next week it will be Thanksgiving, but really looking forward to a couple days off. It has been crazy since school started, I don't know whose idea it was to make my days shorter, but it is not working. At all.

To catch up, Orson is in his last year of preschool, and he LOVES it. I miss seeing him at school for preschool but this sure is easier. He is learning tons of songs, which he sometimes sings into the wee hours of the night. He is excited to read and work with numbers. Mostly though, he loves show and tell and playing with his friends. The minute we get home he is down the driveway on either his scooter or his bike to find his people. Today, he couldn't find one friend to play with. Which in itself is weird, we have so many little boys on our street. So, he has settled in at Grandpa's house. This particular Grandpa is the sweet man across the street. Orson is so blessed to have so many great influences in his life.



I am not sure what Orson's favorite holiday is, if I had to guess, it would be Christmas, but in reality, it might be Halloween. And I hate Halloween. He began planning his costume last February, and never wavered in his choice of Oogie Boogie. He loved his costume, wearing it to watch TV, ride to school. But then Halloween came and he didn't want to go trick or treating. He ended up going and now we have more candy than will be eaten in a year at our house.





We have managed a few camping trips, the last one was the pilgrimage to the San Rafael Swell. It is worth a post in its own, but it was great fun. Most of the trails had severe water damage and moonlight navigation make for good memories.





No comments: